Why Become A Member Of AFA?
Membership is open to anyone who has albinism, or is touched by albinism in some way. One of the key purposes of the Albinism Fellowship Of Australia is to provide support to people with albinism and their families, friends and communities. We have members from all over Australia, from a wide variety of backgrounds, each with their own stories and experiences of living with albinism. Becoming a part of our community has been a life changing experience for many of our members who had previously had very little, if any interaction with other people affected by albinism.
We endeavor to keep our membership fees as low as possible by fundraising and sourcing funds from both government and non government organisations to help with events, resources and general running costs.
Membership entitles you to:
- Receive 4 information packed newsletters per year (preview our latest newsletters here) featuring articles on the latest research related to albinism, what our members are up to, book and product reviews, the latest news on adaptive technology and much more.
- You will also receive email updates on AFA news.
- Members are entitled to reduced rates when attending our national conferences and you may also be eligible to receive financial assistance for travel and accommodation to these events.
- New memberships will receive a complimentary pack of 10 AFA Info Cards.
- Each year you renew, you will receive a complimentary pack of 5 AFA Information Cards.
- Discounted fees when attending the Skin and Cancer Foundation Darlinghurst for dermatology reviews
* All members are invited to join our extended committee where they can contribute to the albinism community by becoming involved with the organisation of various Subcommittees; Fundraising and Community Activities.